CMRR Needs Your Help!
• The CMRR’s Scenic Train ride currently ends in the woods and then makes the return trip to
Kingston Plaza. There is no option to travel further west or to access the Ashokan Rail Trail.
• The CMRR is asking its landlord, Ulster County, permission to extend its operable track another
two miles to MP 10 and build a new station there.
• The new station will allow passengers to combine their train ride with a short walk, or bike ride,
to access the Ashokan Rail Trail, and give the CMRR a proper destination.
• The tracks are in place and waiting for the CMRR to return them to service.
• The best way you can support the CMRR to reach this goal is to send a letter or email of support
to the Ulster County Legislature (ask to cc all Legislators) and Ulster County Executive, Pat Ryan.
• Please tell them you enjoyed your ride on the CMRR and want it to go further to connect to the
Ashokan Rail Trail. Be sure to mention your name and hometown when you write:
Clerk of the Ulster County Legislature
244 Fair Street, 6th Floor
Kingston, New York 12401
cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulster County Executive Pat Ryan
cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks, The Catskill Mountain Railroad.
See full plan at CatskillMountainRailroad.com
Link to full plan:
Stony Hollow to Basin Road October 2021
The Towns of Ulster, Kingston and Hurley have endorsed the CMRR’s Expansion Plan. See their resolutions below: